Website Development Packages are for local United Methodist churches that do not currently have a website or would like to start over with a new website to reach those in your community looking for a new church home.
All three of our Website Development Package options include the following core offerings:
- One year of our SILVER web hosting package (learn more about hosting levels at UMCchurches.org)
- One year of domain name registration (new domains only)
- One year of ID Protection
- Pre-designed WordPress templates for easy development of your new website
- Five email accounts connected to your domain
- 5GB of storage
- Zip files of website and social media resources
United Methodist Churches who wish to replace their current website with a WordPress site may also apply. You can transfer your present URL, but please understand that you will have to rebuild your entire website on WordPress. Transferring a URL does not mean that the content transfers with it. All pages and functions will have to be rebuilt. Please consider this carefully before you apply.
If your church is a current UMCom web hosting customer, you will only be eligible for the free online training portion of the grant and add-on services that are available.
Learn more about our three Website Development Package options and add-on services in our Web Development Package Guide.
- Basic computer skills and some understanding of uploading content to website templates will be needed to complete the course and build your website. Make sure those taking the course and/or acting as your church website coordinator(s) have these skills before you apply.
- Central Conference churches: We are currently accepting applications for Episcopal Area offices only.
- If you are a two or three point charge and want to have separate websites for each church, you will need to fill out a separate application for each church.
Questions? Email: [email protected]
Available in Spanish.