Exploring General Conference is an online course of The United Methodist Church provided by United Methodist Communications. You are about to embark on a journey to gain a better understanding of how the church works. You'll learn about it's rich history, legislative process, and exciting future.
You will experience General Conference by reading short articles, taking quizzes, digging deeper with supplementary materials, and interacting with multimedia.The self-directed online course will give you the basic information you need to understand the importance and function of General Conference.
*The next General Conference session has been rescheduled. Click here to see more information.
- Cost: FREE
Course Start Date
This is an open enrollment course; students can register for this class at any time. Students will have access to the online course for six months starting from the day of registration.
What will I learn?
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand what General Conference is and how it works
- Understand the historical roots of United Methodism through the lens of General Conference
- See how General Conference relates to the organizational structure of the United Methodist Church globally
- Understand how changes to the Book of Discipline and other church policies are made by General Conference
What can I expect?
- You will have access to the online course for six months starting from the day you register.
- You will be able to download resources to share with other leaders and church members.
Have questions or need support?
United Methodist Communications PO Box 320 Nashville TN 37202-0320
United Methodist Communications 810 12th Avenue, South Nashville TN 37203