Thank you for registering for the online training course, Launching Your Church Website
Below you will find the module(s) that make up this course, click on the title of each module to access the course content. Please assist us in completing the course survey, as we continue to strive to meet the communication training needs of church leaders. Feel free to reach out to us at [email protected] if you have any additional questions.
Begin this course by clicking on the links below.
- Introduction: Launching Your Church Website. Your church needs a website. Explore the lessons in this Introduction to learn why.
- Values and Vision. Before you can build your website, you need to understand what you want to say and who you are trying to reach. In this module, explore your church's values and vision. Then, consider your audience and their needs.
- Visitor-Focused, Member-Driven. Visitors have reasons for visiting your website. They are getting to know you for the first time. Members on the other hand come to your website looking for different kinds of information. How can you serve both audiences on your site? Let's explore some ways to make your website visitor-focused, but driven by your members.
- Site Layout. When it comes to website design, many churches rush straight to ideas for their site layout. We have taken a different approach. We have given thought to our values, vision, who are audience is, and how to build a site that welcomes visitors while still serving our members. Now it's time to design our website! Consider the following lessons to learn about effective website design.
- Creating Content. We have learned about your home page, the first thing visitors to your website will see. But you have other information you want to share with your audience. You may want to publish a monthly calendar of church services and events. You may want to feature a ministry like the youth group. In this module we will explore how great content can make your site a place visitors and members want to visit.
- Maximizing Your Website. Now that your church has a website, be sure to get the most out of it! Take a look at the lessons in this module to learn how to maximize your website to reach new visitors to your church.
- WordPress Tips and Techniques. Your church may use WordPress to build and maintain your website. If your site is designed and hosted by United Methodist Communications, your site will use WordPress. Download the files in this section to learn specific instructions for adding or maintaining features on your WordPress site.