Strengthening the Black Church for the 21st Century (SBC21) and ResourceUMC are offering a webinar series of virtual teaching, learning, and resources for pastors, clergy and lay during National Reentry Week April 26-30, 2021. The collaboration will celebrate and call on the faith community to pay attention to the 600,000 or so people released every year from prison. Transitioning for former prisoners is difficult and can be overwhelming.
RELEASED: I’m Home Now What, will highlight reentry work, here from directly impacted persons from various annual conferences, including Cal-Pac, West Ohio and others. The virtual sessions are planned for 6pm CST daily April 26-30, 2021. The webinars are free, but require registration. Join us every evening for inspiration, education and practical resources and information to help your church and/or congregation create a fresh expression for a second chance ministry.
Each evening's webinar will begin at 6pm CT/7pm ET Monday-Friday April 26-30, 2021. See event schedule for more details. Registration via Zoom is free and open to anyone. You can also view recordings of webinars from the previous days here.
- Full event schedule and recordings from previous days' webinars
- All-in Community Initiative (West Ohio Annual Conference)
- Faith in Action Creating Expungement Event toolkit (Public Square Media)
- Preparing Your Church for Reentry (Prison Fellowship)
- Life After Prison: How the Church Can Help (Urban Faith)
- Is Your Church Ready to Care for Those Reentering Society? (Christianity Today)
- Churches are helping Former Inmates find Work (Better Together)
- 10 keys to preparing prisoners for re-entry (Center for Justice and Reconciliation)
- When You're in Prison No One Prepares You for Coming Home (American Civil Liberties Union)
- All-in Community Best Practices Videos (Powell UMC)