Supporting Local Churches
Families and individuals in your community are seeking meaningful relationships and connections. United Methodist Communications wants to help your church meet these needs by supporting a local outreach event.
What kind of event?
Dream of an event that will reach members of the community who might be seeking a church home. The possibilities for Unwrap Christmas events are endless so that your church can plan one that best relates to your community. Where do many people already gather? Where can you plant seeds of invitation and open doors for relationships?
UNWRAP CHRISTMAS EVENT EXAMPLES:
- Free cocoa stand in a busy shopping area
- Booth at a popular festival
- Table along a race route
- Float in a parade
- Toy giveaway or food packaging event
- Holiday music concert in a park
- Live nativity scene
Local church's role
- Pick a date to host a community event between Nov. 28 and Jan. 6, and then plan an event that focuses on reaching out to the community with messages of love and invitation
- Recruit volunteers to plan and host the event
- Promote the event
- Distribute information about your church and upcoming worship services and/or festivities
- Report back to United Methodist Communications about the event
United Methodist Communications’ role
Each grant will be strategically tailored to each church selected to participate so that we can best assist your efforts to reach people in the community.
GRANTS WILL PROVIDE SUPPORT SUCH AS:
- Funds to order event-themed, customized marketing materials (available in English and Spanish) to use during the event, including signage and invitation cards to distribute to event attendees
- A kit of leader resources, including a planning guide, promotional tools and much more
- Additional incentives as determined by the scope of your event, your plans to promote the event in the community, etc.
Grants are limited and will be awarded in a first-come, first-served process. Grants for 2019 have been closed.
Get ready for your Unwrap Christmas event!Find ideas and tips