Website Development Packages are for local United Methodist churches who do not currently have a website.
Through this new initiative, United Methodist Communications offers the following:
- One year of our SILVER web hosting package,
- One year of domain name registration,
- Free WordPress online training through UMCOM,
- Free online support throughout your training and during your year of web hosting,
- Free pre-designed templates for easy development of your new website,
- Package includes 5 email accounts connected to your domain, 5GB of storage and one year of ID Protection.
United Methodist Churches who wish to replace their current website with a WordPress site may also apply. You can transfer your present URL, but please understand that you will have to rebuild your entire website on WordPress. Transferring a URL does not mean that the content transfers with it. All pages and functions will have to be rebuilt. Please consider this carefully before you apply.
If your church is a current UMCom web hosting customer, you will only be eligible for the free online training portion of the grant.
PLEASE NOTE: Basic computer skills and some understanding of uploading content to website templates will be needed to complete the course and build your website. Make sure those taking the course and/or acting as your church website coordinator(s) have these skills before you apply.
Central Conference Churches: We are currently accepting applications for Episcopal Area offices only.
All packages are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis.
NOTE: If you are a two or three point charge and want to have separate websites for each church, you will need to fill out a separate application for each church.
Questions? Email: [email protected]
Available in Spanish.