Thanks be to God, the Creator, who continues to create, bringing new hopes and realities into our world! “See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland.” (Is 43:19)
In an effort to support our CRCC community to be effective and faithful pastors and to build up the body of Christ, we created an Institute for Cross Racial Cross Cultural Ministries called “CRCCmadang”.
The purpose of CRCCmadang is to cultivate a new generation of Korean-American UM Clergy through holistic learning to become transformative global leaders. CRCCmadang will be a gathering place of learning, sharing, renewing, playing and growing together. We seek to live into this vision through the following.
- Create a healthy and balanced learning environment for body, mind and spirit.
- Strengthen cultural competency and sensitivity in a global context.
- Offer practical CRCC ministerial tools to develop relevant and effective leaders.
- Cultivate a new theological paradigm for CRCC ministries.
We have launched pilot CRCCmadang in October 2016 with 9 participants. We began with series of 8 online classes every Tuesday afternoon from November 2016 through February 2017. The online courses were as follows. We want to express special thanks to the Rev. Dr. HiRho Park and GBHEM for providing the technology and assistance with the WebEx platform making the online classes possible.
- Preaching the Whole Gospel – Rev. Dr. Jung Sun Oh
- Leading Small Groups – Rev. Sung Ho Lee
- Strategic Planning: What, Why & How? – Bishop Young Jin Cho
- Retirement Plan & Services (GBPHB) – Peter Hang
- Navigating the UMC system – Rev. Dr. HiRho Park
- Leadership Essentials – D.S. Young Mee Park
- Theology & Ministry – Rev. Dr. Hwa Young Chong
- Coaching in the Local Church – Rev. Dr. Grace Pak
CRCCmadang will culminate with a weeklong intensive spiritual formation, learning, and reflective time May 15-19, 2017.
Also, we will be celebrating 20th anniversary of our KA CRCC Association August 7-10, 2017 in Chicago, as our association had our beginning in Chicago. The theme will be “RE-Member”. This is an exciting gathering, and we look forward to celebrating 20 years of KA CRCC ministry in the UMC. At this convocation, we will look back at our collective journey thus far; examine current challenges we are facing as we engage in the CRCC ministry in the context of current social and political climate; and look ahead to the future vision of CRCC ministry.
올린날: 2017년 3월 10일, 연합감리교회 공보부, TN