A new guide includes 10 strategies for nurturing a spirit of generosity in your congregation. The ideas offered will both help connect people more deeply with the ministries of the local and global church and spark new initiatives that reflect gratitude and generosity for the glory of God. Congregants will become more confident that every dollar given corresponds to building up the body of Christ, that with every gift they give they:
• are part of something sacred,
• are part of a faith tradition that brings healing and wholeness through our global connection,
• are part of a movement that is bringing God’s justice and peace to the world and
• are part of the body of Christ that is feeding the hungry, healing the sick, loving the lonely.
Download the guide here and find strategies to:
- Make a video witnessing to what is valued about your local church,
- Host a financial planning class for the community,
- Invite teens or Sunday school students to raise money for a project,
- Create a narrative budget,
- Design posters with photos and thank you message, and
- Implement these and five more ways to nurture generosity.