The General Commission on United Methodist Men has a small talented staff, and limited resources. So we carefully select organizations whose ministries complement our goals. Listed below are organizations of various sizes and scopes that have applied for, and maintain a good working relationship with GCUMM. Our closest working relationships are with Affiliate Organizations, but we also work with well with the Endorsed Organizations.
We receive annual reports from these organizations, and we send them a report after every GCUMM Board meeting. Our relationship with these organizations serves a single purpose, to use existing ministries to serve your local church in your ministry with men and your youth serving ministries. Please feel free to contact us for more information and to give us feedback as to how these groups have served your local congregation.
- An Affiliate Partner is typically an organization where GCUMM has a place on their board of directors, and where GCUMM assists in fund raising that goes directly to the Affiliate Partner.
- An Affiliate is typically an organization where there interaction on a committee-to-committee basis, and there is a close interactive relationship.
- An Endorsed Organization is a group that has a good relationship with GCUMM or with some UMM conference organizations. They have a history of providing a meaningful ministry and good business practices.
As of April 1st, 2016, the following organizations have been reviewed and selected as Affiliate Partners, Affiliates and Endorsed Ministries. There are other organizations under consideration for the next meeting of the GCUMM Board.
- National Association of Conference Presidents of UM Men
- The Society of St. Andrew (SoSA)
- Strength for Service, Inc.
- United Methodist Men Foundation
- Boy Scouts of America
- Girl Scouts of the USA
- Mobility Worldwide
- Programs of Religious Activities with Youth (PRAY)
- The Upper Room Prayer Center
- WesleyMen — World Fellowship of Methodist/Uniting Church Men
- Camp Fire National Headquarters
- Denominational Men's Ministry Leaders (DMML)
- Emmaus Ministries
- Living Waters for the World
- [liveboldapp.com] Live Bold
- Love Packages
- Servants at Work (SAWs)
- The Hope of Hearing
- Wesleyan Building Brothers
As has been the practice since the GCUMM was formed, these relationships may be terminated at any time by either party (GCUMM Board or by the affiliate or endorsed organization) by a letter. The intent is that all affiliations and endorsements will be reviewed at the last scheduled face to face meeting of the GCUMM prior to the General Conference.
Originally posted by United Methodist Men.