With the recent call for rapid deployment of military personnel to the Middle East, churches and families may be caught by surprise and need to access some resources to help bring comfort in an anxious time.
As always, for United Methodists, the first place to turn is the Book of Worship. We recommend BOW #542 For Those In Military Service as a beginning place. Also consider, BOW #520 For Peace, and BOW #521 A Vision of Hope.
In 2010, Discipleship Ministries produced this article for the deployment at that time. The resources and suggestions are appropriate for this occasion as well.
- Operation We Are Here, a resource for the military community and supporters
- Evangelical Lutheran Resources
- Resources from the US Catholic Bishops
- How to support the military and their families
- 12 ways to care for military members and their families
- Honorable ideas for supporting military families
- Ways churches can support military and veterans