Special Sunday Communication 03 | Human Relations Day 2021
Your gifts change lives. Give generously to Human Relations Day offering this Sunday.
A new commandment I give unto you, that ye love one another; even as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. —John 13:34, ASV
Subject/Header of Body: Human Relations Day is this Sunday— January 17, 2021
Dear Church Leader,
We are grateful for your annual gifts to Human Relations Day offering. Your gifts to the Human Relations Day offering support:
- grants to promote ministries that respond to non-violent youth offenders through education, advocacy, or leadership training and development.
- organizations and congregations that fight economic, racial, and social injustices.
- grants to racial, ethnic, and multicultural congregations to hire community developers to empower the underserved.
Human Relations Day is this Sunday!
Here are additional resources to help you with your celebration.
- If your church has online giving, communicate your online giving information to your congregation or ask them to give online at ResourceUMC.org/HRD
- Present a mission story from the Human Relations Day Mission Moment and More (includes vignette about an offering recipient, scripture reading, and offertory prayer) or use the Offering Talk provided in the Pastor and Leader kit before you receive the offering.
- Pray for those who are experiencing injustice and poverty.
- Remind your speaker to emphasize ideas from the Sermon Starter.
- Share the total offering received and thank the congregation for their generous gifts.
- Send the offering to your annual conference treasurer.
Thank you for your generosity.
Connectional Giving Team