Email Title: Special Sunday Communication 02 | Native American Ministries Sunday 2021
Preview Text: Engage in Native American outreach. Give generously on Native American Ministries Sunday.
Scripture: “For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.” —Ephesians 2:10, ESV
Subject/Header of Body: Native American Ministries Sunday Is Two Weeks Away!—April 18, 2021
In 2010 Chihowa (Native American) United Methodist Church was the first congregation chartered in the Oklahoma Indian Missionary Conference (OIMC) southeast region in 30 years. Volunteer teams from Broad Street and Fairview United Methodist churches in Maryville, Tennessee, helped with the construction of the building. The denomination’s General Board of Global Ministries also provided a $20,000 grant from the Native American Ministries Sunday offering to complete the electrical and plumbing work. Since that time the church membership increased to 60 persons and it hosts a Native American Campus ministry program.
The Native American Ministries Sunday celebration is two weeks away.
It’s time to check in with your ministry leaders to ensure that celebration plans are on track.
Here are some additional resources you can download and customize to make your celebration more robust:
- Ask your youth leaders to use the Youth Resource guide with their United Methodist Youth Fellowship members.
- Encourage your speaker to use the sermon starter to support his or her message.
- Invite members to download mobile wallpapers to their phones, and also share wallpapers on their social media pages.
- Print and place the poster on your bulletin board in an area where most people will see it.
- Use social media cards on your online media platform as visuals to engage participants during worship.
- Pastor and Leader Kit resources are also available in Spanish and Korean (sermon starter, bulletin insert, offering talk, liturgy, poster and social graphics).
Use the content below on your church’s social media platform this week to remind members about the upcoming celebration:
“Native American Ministries Sunday celebration is two weeks away—April 18, 2021. Mark your calendar and make plans to worship with us as we celebrate ministry with our Native American brothers and sisters. We look forward to seeing everyone. Thank you.”
Thank you for giving to the Native American Ministries Sunday offering. Your gifts support Native American outreach within annual conferences and across the United States, and scholarships for Native American seminarians.
Connectional Giving Team