Email Title: Special Sunday Communication 02 | United Methodist Student Day 2021
Preview Text: Give generously to the United Methodist Student Day offering on November 28, 2021.
Scripture: “You will be enriched in every way to be generous in every way, which through us will produce thanksgiving to God.” —2 Corinthians 9:11, E SV
Subject: United Methodist Student Day is two weeks away—November 28, 2021
Haven King-Nobles is proud of his strong United Methodist heritage. Born to grandfathers who were pastors and parents who are pastors, King-Nobles spent a lot of time around the church. “I cherish the many memories of running around doing activities at the church,” King-Nobles said.
When it was time to enroll in college, King-Nobles applied for the United Methodist Student Day Gift of Hope scholarship. “Receiving this scholarship, said King-Nobles, “has allowed me to worry less about finances and focus more on my education and career-building. Students are the future of The United Methodist Church. By investing in our students, the church helps us realize the potential in students like me who will one day pay the investment forward to society.”
United Methodist Student Day (UMSD) is two weeks away—November 28, 2021.
It’s time to check in with your worship leaders regarding the status of Student Day celebration plans. Please share the information below with your leaders to help them prepare for Student Day services.
- Remind your congregation about the upcoming United Methodist Student Day celebration and encourage them to participate.
- Ask three students to share the UMSD prayer time during the service: one can be responsible for praise, another for thanksgiving and another could pray for prayer needs and closing out the prayer time.
- Let’s face it, people have gotten used to graphics. Use graphics and visuals in the sermon and give the congregation a chance to look and listen to the message.
- Encourage your speaker to use the sermon starter to support his or her message.
- Remind church members to give online at UMC.org/SSGive or add your church’s online giving link in your social media posts and streaming comments if appropriate.
Thank you for nurturing Christian leaders for the church and the world. When you give generously to the United Methodist Student Day offering, you support students as they prepare for life in uniting their faith with knowledge. Your gifts help students like King-Nobles create a better world.
Connectional Giving Team