Email Title: Special Sunday Communication 02 | World Communion Sunday
Preview Text: Give generously on World Communion Sunday—October 3, 2021.
Scripture: “For we, though many, are one bread and one body; for we all partake of that one bread.” —1 Cor. 10:17, NKJV
Subject/Header of Body: Are you ready to celebrate World Communion Sunday?
John Henry Llerena Zegarra grew up in Peru in a strong Roman Catholic family but when he was 17 years old, he had an experience of a “warmed heart” at a Methodist church in Peru. “I always enjoyed participating in church activities; I felt God’s call for pastoral ministry,” said Zegarra. This call influenced Zegarra to attend Duke Divinity School to pursue a master of divinity degree and to become a United Methodist pastor.
“The scholarship is a relief for my budget because the health insurance that I pay for my family is very expensive. Now I can fulfill my ministry and studies without worrying much about that payment,” explained Zegarra.
World Communion Sunday is two weeks away—October 3, 2021. It’s time to ensure that your World Communion Sunday celebration plans are taking shape for a great worship service. Use the resources and ideas listed below to support your celebration.
- Your Christian education leaders may reinforce the lessons during church school.
- Remind your congregation about the upcoming World Communion Sunday celebration and inspire them to attend worship service online or in person.
- Encourage your speaker to use the sermon starter to support his or her message.
- Use social media cards as visuals during your worship service to engage participants in worship on your media platforms.
- Remind members to give online at this link or add your church’s online giving link in your social media posts and streaming comments if appropriate.
Thank you for your generous gifts to the World Communion Sunday offering. Your gifts support World Communion Leadership Scholarships, the Ethnic Scholarship Program and the Ethnic In-Service Training Program.
Thank you for your generosity.
Connectional Giving Team