Email Title: Special Sunday Communication 03 | World Communion Sunday 2021
Scripture: “Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.” —2 Corinthians 9:7, ESV
Subject: Give generously to World Communion Sunday Scholarships—October 3, 2021.
Pretext: Your gifts to World Communion Sunday equip gifted students from around the globe to change their communities.
World Communion Sunday calls the church to model diversity among God’s children. Celebrated the first Sunday in October or on a date that is convenient for your congregation, this Sunday is an exciting time for your congregation to share in Holy Communion and to encourage deserving students to fulfill their dreams to be world changers.
World Communion Sunday is this Sunday, October 3, 2021.
In 2020 United Methodists gave $400,254 to support scholarships for ethnic students. Your gifts support World Communion Leadership Scholarships, the Ethnic Scholarship Program and the Ethnic In-Service Training Program.
As you make ready to participate in Holy Communion this Sunday, here are some ideas and resources we trust you will use to enhance your time together.
- Share World Communion Sunday scholarship recipient Serge Pacome’s story with your congregation.
- Use the Offering Talk provided in the Pastor and Leader kit as an introduction to receive the offering.
- Publish the Liturgy ahead of the worship schedule so that attendees can follow along as you read the liturgy during your worship service.
- Remind your speaker to emphasize ideas from the Sermon Starter.
- Publish the total offering received for World Communion Sunday and thank the congregation for their generous gifts.
- Send the offering to your annual conference treasurer.
Thank you for your generous gifts to the World Communion Sunday offering.
Connectional Giving Team