Special Sunday Communications | Human Relations Day 03
Subject: Human Relations Day is this Sunday
“The Lord loves righteousness and justice; the earth is full of his unfailing love.” —Psalm 33:5, NIV
Pretext: Give generously on Human Relations Day
Dear Church Leader:
Human Relations Day is this Sunday. Make the final check-in with your worship leaders to ensure that all are in synch for worship this Sunday. Use the resources below to strengthen your worship plans. You may even do a run-through of the highlights of the service to help the service flow more efficiently.
- Present a mission story from the Human Relations Day Mission Moments and More (includes vignette about how the offering is used, scripture reading, and offertory prayer) or use the Offering Talk provided in the Pastors’ and Leaders’ Kit as an introduction to the offering.
- Use the Liturgy to promote participation in the worship service.
- Remind your speaker to emphasize ideas from the Sermon Starter.
- Print and place the Human Relations Day poster in a prominent place where everyone will see it.
- Place the pew card and offering envelope in the pew racks in the back of each pew or ask your greeters to hand them out as persons enter the sanctuary.
- Use the blog copy in your e-newsletter to prepare them for this special worship service.
- Share the total offering received for Human Relations Day and thank the congregation for their generous gifts.
- Send the offering to your annual conference treasurer.
When you give to Human Relations Day offering you provide support to persons who are living on the margins. Here are examples of persons you will be supporting when you give to Human Relations Day:
- an immigrant teenager in Texas’s poorest county, being recruited by local gang members,
- a father struggling for sobriety in Little Rock, Arkansas, and
- an Oklahoma woman recently released from incarceration and looking for work.
Thank you for your faithful giving to Human Relations Day.
Connectional Giving Team