2022 PWJS Promo Email #3
Email Subject: Peace with Justice Sunday is this Sunday. Give generously!
Scripture: “Good will come to those who are generous and lend freely, who conduct their affairs with justice.”—Psalm 112:5, NIV
Pretext: Witness to “God’s demand for a faithful, just, disarmed and secure world.” Give generously to Peace with Justice offering—June 12, 2022.
Dear Church Leader,
In recent years the Alaska United Methodist Conference gave their conference’s portion of the Peace with Justice offering to the Alaska Innocence Project. This nonprofit organization “provides legal, educational, and charitable services to identify and exonerate individuals who have been wrongfully convicted in the state of Alaska, and to provide educational opportunities that foster a culture that champions the defense of the innocent.” While you may never meet the individuals whose lives are changed because you gave, you can be assured that these persons and their families are grateful that you chose to witness for Christ through your generosity.
Peace with Justice Sunday is this Sunday—June 12, 2022. Witness “to God’s demand for a faithful, just, disarmed and secure world.” Here are more resources to use in your Peace with Justice Sunday service:
- Place the Offering Envelope and Pew Card in the pew racks or ask your greeters to hand them to members as they gather for worship.
- Use the mission story from the Peace with Justice Mission Moments and More (MMM) page (MMM provides a short story about an offering recipient, scripture reading and offertory prayer) or use the Offering Talk located in the Pastor and Leader’s kit before you receive the offering.
- Lead the congregation in the Peace with Justice Sunday Liturgy.
- Remind your speaker to emphasize ideas from the Sermon Starter.
- If your church has online giving, communicate the giving information to the congregation or promote giving to Peace with Justice Sunday offering at UMC.org/SSGive.
- Share the total offering received on Peace with Justice Sunday with your congregation.
- Use the thank-you note below to thank the congregation for their generous gifts. You may also place the content of the “Thank-you note” in your newsletter and on your social media page.
- Send the offering to your annual conference treasurer.
THANK-YOU NOTE COPY
“Thank you for giving to Peace with Justice Sunday offering. We appreciate your generosity. Your gifts to Peace with Justice Sunday offering support ministries for those who
- work for human rights, peace and environmental justice;
- educate communities about sex trafficking at home and abroad and how they can help to eliminate this evil;
- provide free legal work for persons who have been wrongfully imprisoned; or
- advocate for those who have been marginalized.
This year, on Peace with Justice Sunday, our church gave $____________. Your gift changes lives and communities.
Thank you for giving to the Peace with Justice Sunday offering. Your gifts strengthen peace with justice ministries locally and around the world.
The Connectional Giving Team