Email Title: UMCOR Sunday Email #2
Email Subject: Your gifts on UMCOR Sunday are far-reaching
Scripture:“...let us not love in word or talk but in deed and in truth.” — 1 John 3:18, ESV
Pretext: Give to UMCOR Sunday offering. Alleviate suffering on March 27, 2022.
Dear Church Leader:
When destruction from hurricanes Iota, Eta, Amanda and Cristobal hit in 2020, Mexico was in the path of Hurricane Grace, which made landfall in Tecolutla in August. UMCOR worked with the Methodist Church of Mexico’s Septentrional Annual Conference to provide urgent relief, which included food rations, hygiene kits, blankets, tarps, mats and plastic sheeting for hurricane and flood-affected communities in Veracruz and Hidalgo. These needs could be overwhelming but working together, we are making a difference.
UMCOR Sunday is three weeks away!—March 27, 2022. Connect with your planning team for an update on your celebration plans.
- Person(s) presenting the offertory prayer may use the Offering Talk as a guide as they present to the congregation.
- Sermon starters will provide additional inspiration to creating the sermon.
- The Liturgy will draw us closer to God and to our church community as we read responsively and hear the voices of God’s people.
- Using the Adult Discussion group questions in a small-group setting leading up to the celebration is a unique way for us to learn from one another.
- Children’s Message, Bulletin and Activity provide new ways to teach our children about God’s love for all persons and lay an excellent biblical foundation in their hearts.
- Are your youth leaders looking for new ways to inspire the youth of your church? The Youth Resource Guide shares event ideas and activities that will help them grow closer to God and their neighbor.
- Use Social Media Graphics to post on your social media platform.
- Access UMCOR Sunday devotions and share one each day for ten days leading up to the UMCOR celebration. Your members will be inspired by these biblically based devotions and it will be a great way to keep in touch with your congregation outside of scheduled worship services.
- Communicate your online giving information to the congregation or encourage your church to give at UMC.org/SSGive to the UMCOR Sunday offering.
Thank you for your generous gifts to UMCOR Sunday offering. Your gifts support the administrative cost of the United Methodist Committee on Relief.
The Connectional Giving Team