Email Title: 2022 UMSD Promo Email #2
Email Subject: United Methodist Student Day is three weeks away— November 22, 2022
"Do not neglect to do good and to share what you have, for such sacrifices are pleasing to God."—Hebrews 13:16, ESV
Pretext: Worship God in your giving to United Methodist Student Day— November 22, 2022
Dear Church Leader,
Remember when you were a student? Those days of dreaming about your future and hoping you would receive scholarships to help you on your journey to a college education. Today, United Methodist students are dreaming about their future. Ask your congregation to be a catalyst of change in the lives of students as they grow to be leaders in the church and the world.
United Methodist Student Day (UMSD) is three weeks away— November 22, 2022. Remind your planning team and congregation about this important Special Sunday. We are pleased to support your efforts to make your celebration effective and inspiring. Here are additional resources to use in your celebration.
- Use the Offering Talk to encourage giving.
- The Sermon Starter is a great tool that provides additional inspiration to create the sermon.
- Use the Liturgy with the congregation to encourage more engagement in the service.
- Facilitate discussions about United Methodist Student Day using the Adult Discussion group questions in your Sunday School classes;
- Distribute the Children’s Message, Bulletin, and Activity to your teachers. Jesus said, "let the children come..", (Matthew 19:14). The Children's resource helps children learn the nuts and bolts of generosity. You may even encourage your children to give a small offering each week leading up to November 22nd.
- The Youth Resource Guide provides event ideas and activities that will help your youth understand giving.
- Share Social Media Graphics on your social media platforms to inspire members and visitors to participate in the celebration.
- Share the United Methodist Student Day poster in a prominent place for members and visitors to see and be inspired.
- Send an email, letter, or have a team of persons make calls to each member to remind them about the United Methodist Student Day celebration.
- Communicate your online giving information to the congregation or encourage your church members to give generously to the United Methodist Student Day offering atUMC.org/SSGive.
Thank you for encouraging your congregation to support United Methodist Students. Our students are grateful for your faithful support.
The Connectional Giving Team