Email Title: 2022 UMSD Promo Email #3
Email Subject: Celebrate United Methodist Student Day on November 22, 2022.
Scripture: "For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."— Matthew 6:21, ESV
Pretext: Give generously to United Methodist Student Day Offering.
Dear Church Leader,
As Gaylon Wynne Moore prepared to attend Tarleton State University, Stephenville, Texas, she did what most students do —search for scholarships to help defray the cost of her education. She found information about the United Methodist Student Day Gift of Hope scholarship on the GBHEM.org website.
"This scholarship allowed me to take a study abroad course over the winter break of 2018-2019. I went to Belize to study intercultural communications. The scholarship encourages students to attend college and achieve their goals," stated Moore.
United Methodist Student (UMSD) is this Sunday. This is a great time to add the finishing touches to your celebration plans:
- Place the Offering Envelope and Pew Card in the pew racks or ask your greeters to hand them to members as they enter the worship space.
- If you have a virtual audience, add your giving information at the bottom of the screen and in your chat.
- Sharing the mission story from the United Methodist Student Day Mission Moments and More (MMM) is a tangible way to connect congregants to a student who received a scholarship through your gifts to UMSD offering. MMM provides a short story about an offering recipient, scripture reading, and offertory prayer).
- You may also use the Offering Talk located in the Pastor and Leader kit to introduce the offering.
- Help the congregation focus on the worship by leading them in the World Communion Sunday Liturgy. Add the Liturgy to the screen for a virtual audience.
- Remind your speaker to emphasize ideas from the Sermon Starter.
- If your church has online giving, communicate the giving information to the congregation or promote giving to United Methodist Student Day offering at UMC.org/SSGive.
- Share the total offering received on United Methodist Student Day with your congregation.
- Use the thank-you note below to express gratitude to the congregation for their generous gifts. You may also place the content of the “Thank you note,” in your newsletter and on your social media page(s).
- Send the offering to your annual conference treasurer.
THANK YOU NOTE COPY
We are grateful for the offering you gave to the United Methodist Student Day scholarship. Because of you, many United Methodist Students will receive scholarships to help cover their college expenses. Last week our congregation gave $______ to United Methodist Student Day. This special offering provides scholarships for qualified United Methodist applicants. Our gifts are a way that we encourage our students during their college years.
Thank you for your generosity and faithful giving.
Thank you for leading your congregation to give to the United Methodist Student Day offering.
The Connectional Giving Team