Email Title: 2022 WCS Promo Email #2
Email Subject: World Communion Sunday is three weeks away—October 2, 2022
Scripture: "I pray that your partnership with us in the faith may be effective in deepening your understanding of every good thing we share for the sake of Christ." — Philemon 1:6, NIV
Pretext: Give Generously to World Communion Sunday Offering on October 2, 2022.
Dear Church Leader,
“This scholarship,” said Garrett Ozmer, “has eased some of the financial stress and helped pay for the many fees and expensive books that colleges require." Because of your gifts, Ozmer’s desire to become a pediatric neurologist is within reach. Gifts to World Communion Sunday offering empower undergraduate, graduate, and in-service training students to become leaders in their communities.
World Communion Sunday is three weeks away—October 2, 2022. This is an excellent time to meet with your World Communion Sunday planning team to fine-tune your celebration plans. Here are additional resources to use in your celebration:
- Use the Offering Talk to encourage giving.
- The Sermon Starter is a great tool that provides additional inspiration to create the sermon.
- Use the Liturgy with the congregation to encourage more engagement in the service.
- Create a discussion group about World Communion Sunday using the Adult Discussion group questions in your Sunday school classes.
- Distribute the Children’s Message, Bulletin and Activity to your teachers. The children’s resource provides new ways to teach children about God’s love for all persons and lays a biblical foundation for understanding World Communion Sunday.
- The Youth Resource Guide provides event ideas and activities that will help your youth have a deeper understanding of communion and World Communion Sunday.
- Share Social Media Graphics on your social media platforms to inspire members and visitors to participate in the celebration.
- Share the World Communion Sunday poster in a prominent place for members and visitors to see.
- Send an email or letter or make team calls to member to remind them about the World Communion Sunday celebration.
- Communicate your online giving information to the congregation or encourage your church members to give generously to the World Communion Sunday offering at UMC.org/SSGive.
Thank you for your generous gifts to World Communion Sunday offering. The collective gifts of United Methodist churches and individuals provide scholarships for World Communion Sunday graduate scholarships, the Ethnic Scholarship Program and the Ethnic In-Service Training Program.
The Connectional Giving Team