Email Title: 2022 WCS Promo Email #3
Email Subject: World Communion Sunday is this Sunday. Give generously!
Scripture: “Good will come to those who are generous and lend freely, who conduct their affairs with justice.” —Psalm 112:5, NIV
Pretext: Give generously to World Communion Sunday offering—October 2, 2022. Support our students!
Dear Church Leader,
“I am truly blessed to have the opportunity to reach for my educational goals with the support of my church,” said Brittany Fletcher upon receiving the World Communion Sunday (WCS) Ethnic Scholarship. A student at Texas A & M University-Corpus Christi, she plans to work for a nonprofit organization helping children in her community after graduation.
World Communion Sunday is this Sunday—October 2, 2022. Use the resources outlined below to help your congregation engage in the worship service.
- Place the Offering Envelope and Pew Card in the pew racks or ask your greeters to hand them to members as they gather for worship.
- Sharing the mission story from the World Communion Sunday Mission Moments and More (MMM) is a tangible way to connect congregants to a student who received a scholarship through your gifts to World Communion Sunday offering. MMM provides a short story about an offering recipient, scripture reading and offertory prayer.
- You may also use the Offering Talk located in the Pastor and Leader’s kit prior to receiving the offering.
- Help your congregation focus on the God by leading them in the World Communion Sunday Liturgy.
- Remind your speaker to emphasize ideas from the Sermon Starter.
- If your church has online giving, communicate the giving information to the congregation or promote giving to World Communion Sunday offering at UMC.org/SSGive.
- Share the total offering received on World Communion Sunday with your congregation.
- Use the thank-you note below to thank the congregation for their generous gifts. You may also place the content of the “thank-you note” in your newsletter and on your social media page.
- Send the offering to your annual conference treasurer.
THANK-YOU NOTE COPY
Thank you for giving to World Communion Sunday offering. Your gifts provide scholarships that help to recruit, train, and retain ethnically diverse United Methodists in leadership positions at all levels of the church and its ministries. The offering also provides graduate scholarships for domestic and international students and undergraduate scholarships for racial-ethnic students within the U.S and abroad
This year our congregation gave $______ to World Communion Sunday. Thank you for your generosity and faithful giving.
World Communion Sunday calls the church to reach out to all people and model diversity among God’s children. When you give generously on World Communion Sunday, you equip gifted, qualified students from around the globe to become the world changers God created them to be.
The Connectional Giving Team