Dear Church Leader:
“As we were looking around and beginning to talk to people about their various aspirations for the community, their desires, and goals, we realized that making sure folks had a thorough financial education to be able to meet some of their personal goals for their families was an important piece,” said the Rev. Gregory Kendrick Jr., pastor of Cory UMC in Cleveland, Ohio. A grant from the Human Relations Day (HRD) offering empowered Cory UMC to meet the needs of its community. This is your gift at work!
Human Relations Day (HRD) is three weeks away—January 15, 2023. Meet with your leaders to determine the status of the celebration plans.
- Communicate your online giving to your members or promote UMC.org/SSGive for online giving to Human Relations Day
- Place the Pew Cards in the pew racks or in high-traffic areas. You may also place them in your visitor or new-member packets
- Download the Offering Talk and Liturgy and print the Adult Bulletin Insert or Cover for worship. These resources will help your congregants know they are making a difference in the lives of persons who are empowered by their gifts to Human Relations Day
- Develop generous and mission-minded adults by sharing the HRD Children’s Message and Bulletin Inserts with your children
- Share the Social Media Graphics on your social media platform(s) and tag your members so that they will share them with their friends
- Pray for the ministries of community developers, United Methodist Voluntary Services volunteers and at-risk teens
- Send the offering to your annual conference treasurer
Gifts to Human Relations Day support United Methodist Community Developers, United Methodist Voluntary Services and Youth Offender Rehabilitation Programs.
Thank you for giving to the Human Relations Day offering,
The Connectional Giving Team
ANNOUNCEMENT OR EMAIL COPY
Email Title: Human Relations Day 2023—Email #2
Subject: Human Relations Day is two weeks away!
Scripture: "And above all these, put on love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony." Cols 3:14, ESV
Pretext: Love your Neighbor as Yourself* Give to the Human Relations Day Offering on January 15, 2023
Human Relations Day is three weeks away. As we look for opportunities to build a beloved community locally and globally, one option is through our Human Relations Day offering.
Rev. Gregory Kendrick Jr., pastor of Cory UMC in Cleveland, Ohio had visions to assist his community. With the help of a grant funded by the Human Relations Day offering, he was able to meet a need. The grant allowed Cory UMC to provide a thorough financial education to individuals to meet personal goals for their families. This is your gift in action!
Pray and seek God's guidance to discern how you can support outreach to these communities.
Our gifts on Human Relations Day work together to empower faith-based volunteer programs, community developers and programs that work with at-risk teens.
Thank you for your generosity,
Yours in Christ,
*Matthew 22: 39