Why do Methodists use Welch's grape juice for communion? What is with the cross and flame logo? Explore these questions and more as we examine the roots of The United Methodist Church (and its predecessor denominations) to understand why The UMC is the way that it is...and where it might be going.
Listen and subscribe to Un-Tied Methodism on Spotify.
- Racism in the System
- Methodism in DC
- The Cross and Flame Logo
- Wellspring UMC: A Local Church History
- Welch's Grape Juice and Methodism
- The Revolutionary Spirit of American Methodism
- Back to School: Methodists and Education
- Asbury Crossing: Lasting Impacts of the Christmas Conference
- Asbury Crossing: Leadership Styles of John Wesley and Francis Asbury
- John Wesley and Indigenous Persons
- Asbury Crossing: Methodism in Black and White
- Methodists and the Sand Creek Massacre
- UMC and Indigenous People: Lamentations and Hopes
- Indigenous Boarding Schools
- What was the Christmas Conference?
- The African American Methodist Heritage Center
- UMC Discipline Paragraph 2548.2 - What's the Story?
- Comity, Methodism, and Puerto Rico
- Methodism in India: From Comity to Autonomy
- Watch Night Services: A Wesleyan New Years Tradition
- Methodist Women in History