1 Peter 1:22— Now that you have purified your souls by your obedience to the truth so that you have genuine mutual love, love one another deeply from the heart.
- Resolution #2044 is being updated to assist in providing means for the church to live into the vision of persons being treated equally as created in the image of God.
- Identifying and setting appropriate boundaries can help ministerial leaders, both lay and clergy; this resolution provides assistance with that process.
- Within the resolution, definitions are codified for sexual abuse, sexual misconduct, and sexual harassment.
- The resolution provides direction for the Interagency Sexual Ethics Task Force as mandated by the Discipline ¶2103.11.
- This resolution delineates our dynamics of relationships between ministerial and non- ministerial persons including dating (sexual misconduct is not an affair).