How often do you get something good that is free? Free as in costs nothing, no strings attached and “on the house?” We’re not talking smoothie samples, mattress trials or refrigerator magnets — we’re talking about five freebies that will help you do your ministry with planning and purpose. Get the following FREE and useful “helps” from United Methodist Communications!
1. Professional Photos
Professional photographers from United Methodist News Service have traveled the world to bring you compelling, moving and inspiring photos that you can use to enhance your ministry's newsletter, website, slideshow or other presentation. Just follow these instructions to download:
- Go to our United Methodist News Flickr profile to peruse our albums.
- Click on a photograph you like to enlarge and view more options.
- Find the "© All rights reserved" statement. Note that this restriction does not apply if the photographs are being used for United Methodist ministry. The only restriction is that you do not use these images for commercial use and you credit the photographer (bylines are in the description).
- Click on the "more actions" icon. It looks like an ellipsis or three periods.
- Click on the "Download / All sizes" link
- Pick the size you like, click the "Download" button and voila!
Also check out our The United Methodist Media Library where you can also view our entire collection. The photographs, include church news and events, General Conference, images of worship, spirituality, nature, logos, videos, graphics and more. If you are a church pastor or administrator, a conference communicator, or an employee of a United Methodist agency, you may register to access these digital files.
2. Demographic Report
You can better fill the needs of your community if you know who is living in close proximity to your church building. To get a free demographic report of your area, send your contact information, church name and street address to Chuck Niedringhaus, senior director of research and local church outreach, at United Methodist Communications.
3. Advertising Resources
Invite your neighbors to church with a variety of free customizable postcards, banners and door hangers for different seasons. Just go to our store at www.outreach.com/umc, and do a quick search of the items for the Advent, Easter and Back-to-School seasons and for Spanish-speaking congregations.
4. Bulletin Covers
We also have free bulletin covers and other resources for you to download for "The Movement Continues" campaign. Use them to build hope in your congregation.
5. Spiritual Gifts Assessment
Last, but certainly not least, identify your God-given gifts for living faithfully. Go to umc.org and take the spiritual gifts assessment. It’s a great way to find out how you can fulfill your purpose, better serve your ministry, at your church and in your day-to-day life.