United Methodist Communications
Office of Public Information
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
November 10, 2022
Support United Methodist Communications on Giving Tuesday
Nashville, Tenn.: You can support the communication ministries of The United Methodist Church by participating in Giving Tuesday on November 29, 2022. Your financial contribution will help enhance ministry and reflect the church to the world.
The pandemic underscored the importance of communication and technology. United Methodist Communications continues to serve the church in essential and relevant ways: providing resources to equip church leaders for ministry, building infrastructure to connect the church globally, and sharing the stories of United Methodists making a difference in the world.
“In an era of ever-evolving communication, the work of United Methodist Communications is more critical than ever in connecting The United Methodist Church,” said Poonam Patodia, chief marketing officer.
Created in 2012, Giving Tuesday is a global giving movement that encourages people to do good. It is now an independent nonprofit that inspires hundreds of millions of people to give, collaborate and celebrate generosity.
United Methodist Communications embraces every opportunity to share the transformational story of God's love by equipping local churches to impact their local communities across the globe through:
- Dynamic, inspirational stories and news that connect the church
- Local church communication services, training, and resources
- Advertising outreach and dedicated evangelism messages
- Technology infrastructure and enhanced connectivity
Highlights from 2022 year-to-date include:
- Approximately 13 million web page views across 3 websites – UMC.org, ResourceUMC.org and UMNews.org
- Nearly 2,000 church leaders trained during 56 training events
- 1,170+ local churches provided with 1,708 services
- 6.7 million social media engagements with 90,000 new social media followers
- UMNews has covered 650+ stories, with nearly 60,000 Daily Digest subscribers
- #BeUMC campaign continues to invite church members to recognize and embrace the values that connect the people of the UMC
UMC.org, ResourceUMC.org, and UMNews.org – which speak to specific audiences – connect the church and provide dynamic, inspirational storytelling, resources, and news in multiple languages.
Learn more about the ministries of United Methodist Communications and make a tax-deductible donation at UMCom.org/GivingTuesday.
Support communications ministry by purchasing UMC-branded items for yourself, as gifts, or for your congregation. A portion of each purchase benefits United Methodist Communications' mission.
About United Methodist Communications
As the communications agency for The United Methodist Church, United Methodist Communications seeks to increase awareness and visibility of the denomination in communities and nations around the globe. United Methodist Communications also offers services, tools, and resources for communications ministry. Discover more about the agency at Resourceumc.org/Communications.