New Church Start Grants
NEW FOCUS FOR NEW CHURCH OUTREACH SUPPORT PACKAGES
We realize there are many new church communities forming and they want to make their presence known in the community. In an effort to help as many churches as possible, we have restructured our New Church Outreach Support Packages.
Our emphasis for this marketing and promotional package is focused on community outreach and establishing your presence in the community. Our local church specialists will work with you to identify promotional materials, training opportunities and share their expertise in website, social media and branding services that will fit your needs to most effectively promote your church in your community. We are asking new church applicants to identify at least two (2) community events that they will attend in order to promote their new church.
New Church Start Packages are a one-time, award for new faith communities within the first five (5) years of their launch.
To be eligible for this opportunity, we ask that your church meet the following criteria:
- Be a United Methodist church sanctioned by your annual conference as a new church start.
- Fall under the definition of a new church start as outlined by Path 1 at the General Board of Discipleship (Learn more)
- Be a new church community, or a newly organized place of worship for making disciples of Jesus Christ (grants are not provided for 2nd services of established UM churches)
- Be within the first five (5) years of development
- Develop a core leadership team, a communications strategy and other systems for sustainabilit
- Be willing to have a church presence at two (2) community events in the current year
- Be willing to complete an online follow-up evaluation
- Provide photos showing use of items received by UMCom (ex. attendance at a local event, use of promotional items, etc.)
Start the grant application process
Examples of promotional items available
- coffee mugs
- travel mugs
- water bottles
- coffee sleeves or koozies
- tote bags
- yard signs
- and more!
All items can be customized with your church name, church logo, and your church website (your Facebook or Find-A-Church URL can be used if you do not yet have a website).
Some of the larger items can display your church slogan if it fits the specifications of the item. You can also choose the color you want to match your churches identity (depending on the colors that are available for an item).
For more information, email [email protected].
Available in Spanish.