United Methodist Communications
Office of Public Information
For Immediate Release
September 7, 2022
Weeklong celebration showcases ministry success powered by communications
Nashville, Tennessee – United Methodist Communications will celebrate the power of effective communication to drive successful ministry during Communications Impact Week (September 12-16, 2022). The event will showcase how communication resources and tools are empowering ministry near and far -- shared via their website and social media channels throughout the week.
“The pandemic not only changed how many churches do ministry, but it also underscored the vital importance of communication in connecting people with the church,” said Dan Krause, chief executive of United Methodist Communications. “We recognize that members may not be aware of the work done behind-the-scenes to equip ministry through communications. We hope they’ll be inspired about how these efforts are having a real-life impact.”
In 2021 alone, UMCom served 1,900+ local churches, trained 2,000 church leaders, garnered 459 million advertising impressions, serviced 900,000 text messages, supported 1.67 million social media followers and had 14.6 million web page views.
“Each of these numbers represents ministries and individuals who have been touched through communications, and that’s not an all-inclusive list,” adds Krause.
Churches seeking to expand their outreach can find encouragement from what others are experiencing:
- “All thanks to [resources] and training we got and continue to get from UMCom, we’re going to be able to offer hybrid worship to expand our ministry.
- Rev. Marilyn Weller, Pine Grove UMC, Winston-Salem, NC
- “The United Methodist Communications team was patient, professional and very helpful in helping us decide exactly what we needed for our new church website.” - Sheila Keith of Splendora UMC, Splendora, TX
- "What our Conference in partnership with UMCom did in establishing billboards inviting people into our midst is history in the making for our church. This is true evangelism in today's world. Growth of the church is inevitable. These billboards have brought souls to Christ."
- William Gasseler, Central District Delegate to the Central Conference, South Africa Annual Conference
- "They are a remarkable group of people helping us communicate and helping us do what we do as a denomination and I am profoundly grateful for them."
- Rev. Adam Hamilton, Senior Pastor, Church of the Resurrection, Leawood, KS
“United Methodist Communications is a team of truth-seekers and storytellers who lead the global church in using the power of communication to enhance ministry and elevate stories of faith in action. The agency is on a mission to change the world by sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ. We accomplish this by communicating all the good we can, in all the ways we can, to all the people we can, in all the places we can,” shares Krause. “We are excited to see communications continue to strengthen ministry and look forward to seeing more success stories unfold.”
United Methodist Communications raises up voices and stories of positivity that showcase faith, mission, community and love. Whether it is a radio station in the Democratic Republic of Congo or connecting rural congregations through moving videos, United Methodist Communications is there to support God’s mission through The United Methodist Church. Work that is made possible in part through faithful giving to support the agency’s mission through the Foundation for United Methodist Communications. To support communication ministries during Communications Impact Week, church members can make a financial gift at ResourceUMC.org/GiveUMCom.
To uncover the event’s content members can visit UMCom.org/CommunicationsImpact or the United Methodist Communications Facebook and Instagram pages.
About United Methodist Communications
As the communications agency for The United Methodist Church, United Methodist Communications seeks to increase awareness and visibility of the denomination in communities and nations around the globe. United Methodist Communications also offers services, tools, and resources for communications ministry. Discover more about the agency at Resourceumc.org/Communications. Learn how to support this communications ministry work at ResourceUMC.org/GiveUMCom.
615-742-5488 - office